|Me at home.|
- capable, intelligent, caring mother of 3,family is important to me
- friendships are important too
- artistic, creative, spiritual
- enjoys walking, reading, theatre
- advocate for 'fair trade' and ethical 'green living'
- 24 years teaching experience in primary schools
- 7 years as a primary school headteacher
- art workshops for schools and communities
Why I wanted to do VSO...
I retired exhausted from my career in the UK and have spent a couple of years enjoying myself! I always wanted to share my skills with others who would find them really valuable. I believe this will be a fitting culmination to my professional life.
I have wanted to do this for a long time and have had short experiences of teaching in Bangladesh where I began to understand the needs of Developing Countries. My own children are now all grown up and more than capable of looking after themselves. As there is no sign of any grandchildren I might as well go away for a couple of years!!!! (only joking - don't want grandchildren yet I'm too young!)
Lots of other reasons including getting away from the foul weather, the suffocating consumerism and the spectre of old age in the UK!