Friday 7 January 2011

Packing up and moving on ...

Well, what a week of frenetic activity! This photo shows me and my eldest daughter, Naomi, in the lift at the mill where I am storing my stuff for two years.It was a really good exercise to look at all the things I own and decide what I wanted to keep and what could be disposed of. Items which hold a great deal of meaning like old photos and diaries are being held for me by close family and friends. My paintings are also distributed amongst various households for them to enjoy or hide away once I am out of the country!! But other things are being stored in an old mill which has specially designed storage facilities and this week we have been busy fetching and carrying. 

Here's Ellie and I re-living the days when we stored all our art equipment in another old mill and had to carry heavy trays of tiles up 3 flights of stairs. Ahh! those were the days - the pure luxury of having a lift!


I'm really looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family at my 'Bon Voyage' Party on Saturday night - then next week I can concentrate on packing my bags!!

1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant night we alll had at your Bon Voyage party, Sara Naomi and John did an excellent job,the entertainment by the 2 guitarists and the female singer (Tricia) very good. The music was great, loved all the old songs from way back. Enjoy your new adventure Tricia, will keep up with your blog, and update you on whats happening here in England. xx

    ReplyDelete