Wednesday 23 March 2011

Thank you for all your support xxxx


I had a difficult time this week. I knew it had to come but it still surprised me!

I’ve been having such a happy time and beginning to feel that maybe I will be able to do something useful  here – using the skills I’ve gained over the years. When,  WHAM! Talk about Monday morning blues – I didn’t want to get up, I didn’t want to do the ‘Mwaramutse Walk’, I didn’t want to greet the children living close by and least of all I didn’t want to struggle with the communication anymore – in short I didn’t want to be here . I just wanted to go home to my lovely familiar life.

But one of the great things about being here is the support that you get from the Volunteer Community- all those other people who are in the same situation and have the same experiences. 



In addition I have WONDERFUL friends and family at home who communicate their love in lots of ways – through Facebook , e- mail messages and jokes that make me howl with laughter and blow away the tears. And most timely of all on the very day when I needed it most – not one but two parcels from home!!!! Lovely little extras like hand cream, sherbet dabs and chocolate options! A lovely picture postcard of the huge sycamore on Hadrians Wall is now on my (less) bare bedroom wall. Jelly Babies reformed as ‘Jellyatrics’ to celebrate 90 years of jelly babies. AND some knitting needles and wool to keep my creative juices flowing... SOOO thank you to all my wonderful friends – you’ll be pleased to know I am feeling much better and looking forward to a holiday next week.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh mum, so pleased you liked the parcel! Miranda should keep you giggling as well!! Love you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. its only wednesday...hope the rest of the week picks up and i'm stocking up on postable tings so u can get one a week from now on..x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad it got there eventually, you're an amazing lady! xxx we cannot wait to see you not long now, whoop!) and I promise you, not a day goes by without thinking of you.
    love, always
    xxx

    ReplyDelete