Thursday 8 December 2011

Advent and the waiting game…

Thanks to Phil for the beautiful photo

Advent and the waiting game…

We are used to waiting here in Rwanda – we spend many hours waiting…. Waiting for the bus to come, waiting for the bus to leave… waiting for teachers to arrive at school… waiting for meetings to start… waiting for the rain to stop… waiting for post to arrive at the Post Office … AND THEN IT DOES!!!!  HURRAY!

I have learnt to wait.Things do usually happen in their own good time, but you need a great deal of patience and faith that it will happen..., it will…, it will….

And Advent is a time of waiting, a time of hopeful expectation that something good will come.

In my case I am waiting for the visit of John and Cat who will be arriving next week! This trip has been planned for such a long time and there have been so many preparations, inoculations and vaccinations to get through, but finally they will be here and we will all be so happy.

I am imagining my wait at the airport, standing with all the other people looking for loved ones in the crowd. Kigali airport is small and it is possible to see people in the arrivals area. Last time I had visitors I could see them dressed in their travel clothes, walking across to get a trolley, waiting anxiously for their luggage. I could see the look of expectancy as bags began to go round on the conveyor belt and the relief as they spotted their own, then the lifting off of the bags onto the trolley and off we go…  I saw them do all this, but I could not help them.

But then the waiting was over – there they were in front of me – smiling, smiling faces and hugs all around. Was the wait worth it? Yes, of course!!!

So now, I’m waiting for John and Cat. It will be worth it. 

What are you waiting for? Can you make it happen? Do you have the patience, the faith, the desire? Whatever it is I hope it happens for you.

Lots of love at this Christmas season,
Many blessings, Tricia

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting to see yooooooooooooooooou!!!! what a lovely blog, I like Nai, now am about to cry, I feel incredibly loved and privaliaged to have such a caring, compassionate mama to be chick x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...don't wait your life away...emotive post...you'll have a fab time when they arrive...wishing you all a lovely christmas...x

    ReplyDelete