Thursday 12 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Happy New Year 2012!!!

My resolutions are:
  • To finish my placement to my satisfaction by limiting my focus to 3 main areas and 2 subsidiary areas
  • To travel more within Rwanda to visit all the people I haven't yet visited because I have had my head in my work.
  • To visit Zanzibar and Ethiopia
  • To make the most of the rest of my time here
  • To come home where I belong!

This weekend I celebrate the completion of 12 months in Rwanda and how exciting they have been. I look back on the photos of those first few days and can hardly believe my naivety!! Ha ha!

However, I am glad of that quality because it helped me to take the step of coming here and I’m so glad I did. I have made many new friends, both Rwandan and not Rwandan! And, the friendships that I left behind at home have become deeper and more important as the months have gone by. In addition,  I have had so many lovely visitors – if anyone else wants to come – take the opportunity whilst you can – I won’t be here forever!

I cannot begin to itemise all the wonderful experiences I have had nor even highlight special times, so we will have to wait until the book comes out!!

Add caption



The ending of an old year and the beginning of a new year always focuses the mind and it’s the same for me. 


My approach this year will take on a different aspect because now I have done as much as I can to build relationships with schools and headteachers and I need to work with the people and systems that it has taken me so long to understand. Also I have realised that I must focus down onto smaller ‘targets’ (hate that word!).

Then I have to maintain the work life balance and so I’ve made resolutions about travelling and enjoying the experience of living in Africa whilst I can. 

Amazing fabrics
Wonderful skills and a personal dressmaker

The variety and multiplicity of beans

2 comments:

  1. What excellent resolutions,,, and pretty fine photos too !!
    ;0)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea about the travelling and visiting people...make the most of you next 10 months! nice to see your hosting SAGA holidays aswell...teeheeheee!!

    ReplyDelete