Saturday 3 March 2012

music and culture in Rwanda

Now take a good look at this guy's homemade guitar and never never complain that your instrument just isn't good enough. This guy makes his living by singing on the streets!




There's another instrument that I can't remember the name of but if I can I will get a photo to show you - it seems to have maybe one string or two and is played with a piece of metal - anyway maybe I can find a piccy and more info....


This week I went to my first film evening in a proper Cultural Centre in Kigali (I took a couple of days off work )there were four short films by young Rwandan directors and they were all really interesting. One was about 'Mama' and the life she had of looking after her children after her husband was killed , another about a boy who was attracted to the bright lights of Kigali. My favourite was about two street musicians struggling to make a living.


Enjoy all the cultural activities on offer in the UK. For some reason I really want to read Will shakespeare's 'Much ado about Nothing' - what's that about?? So ifanyone has a copy they can send meI would appreciate it = I just love the banter between Benedick and Beatrice!!!


Lots and lots of love Miss you allxxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment